This research assistant position is related to a ongoing research project of our group. The overall objective of this research project is to develop new and innovative technologies, in order to improve CSE activities and processes, and especially to solve DevOps related problems. You will create not only methods and concepts in this field, but you will develop respective prototypes as well in order to show the feasibility of the proposed innovative solutions.
As this research assistant position is funded by our cooperation partner, you will closely work and collaborate with industry. This is a prerequisite to create innovative scientific solutions that are applicable in industry as well.
- You have an University degree (Master or equivalent) in computer science or a related discipline
- You are a fast learner, dedicated, autonomous and highly interested to develop innovative solutions
- You are ambitious, but at the same time you like working in a team
- You have a sound background in Software Engineering and you want to become an expert
- You have excellent communicative skills (also in English)
- You like to teach students and to support out teaching activities
The position is offered for 2 years and is to be filled as soon as possible. An extension to 4 years in total is intended. This is a full-time position but it is also available as part-time employment per request.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree and we support this goal intensively.
The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a “Family-Friendly University”. We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Horst Lichter
Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet Informatik 3
RWTH Aachen University