Lecture (3V) and Exercise (2Ü)
Module level: Master
* The number of credits can vary depending on the corresponding SPO version. The valid number is always indicated on the Transcript of Records or the Performance Record.
This module introduces central concepts, methods, techniques and processes of software quality-assurance.
The following topics are covered:
– Terms, concepts and models of quality assurance
– Measurement and software metrics
– Quality models
– Test automation
– Foundations of tests and test theory
– Test techniques, section of test cases
– Test-driven Development and Behavior-driven Development
– Approaches to static examination of software
– Economic models of quality assurance
After completing the module the students have the following knowledge and competencies. They …
– know the goals, concepts, models, and basic terms of software quality assurance
– know important methods of static software inspections
– are able to apply test case selection techniques and know important test exit criteria
– are able to systematically develop test specifications
– know the fundamentals of software measurement and are able to define and assess software metrics
– know standard approaches to evaluate and improve software development processes
Benefits for future professional life / soft skills:
All competencies are trained in the exercises, where small teams of students create typical software quality assurance artifacts. They present and discuss their solutions and ideas in front of the class. As professional knowledge on software quality assurance is provided, students gain personal and professional competencies that enable to work as quality assurance engineer.
- Spillner, A., Linz, T., & Schaefer, H. (2006): Software Testing Foundations – A Study Guide for the Certified Tester Exam. dpunkt.verlag Heidelberg.
- Paul C. Jorgensen (2013): Software Testing: A Craftsman’s Approach (4th ed.). Auerbach Publications, Boston, MA, USA.
- Michal Young and Mauro Pezze (2005): Software Testing and Analysis: Process, Principles and Techniques. John Wiley & Sons.